online poker SuperSignupBonus

Hallucinations

Help, advice, guidance, support, encouragement, news, or just chat.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Hallucinations

Postby truongv » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Hey all, I'm doing a photographic project titled: 'Mind: The Ultimate Trickster', looking at Hallucinations whether they be drug induced, caused by mental illness or anything else really. Was wondering if anyone could recommend any Photographers to research into? Thanks x
truongv

Re: Hallucinations

Postby one-string » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Man Ray. He claimed to photograph his visions rather than nature.
one-string
Regular

Postby truongv » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 am

I only remember Man Ray for his Rayographs, but anyway Thanks!
truongv

Postby Alvis27 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:55 am

i have always thought to myself,.Dreaming occurs while you are sleeping and usually can't be remembered with out device.What do you mean "without device"?

Hallucination occurs while you are awake and its a conscious decision to hallucinate (most of the time).When is a hallucination ever a concious decision? Do you mean by taking hallucinogens? For normal people that take hallucinogens, the "hallucinations" are nothing more than visual distortions, you won't actually see something that is not there like a horse or another person. People I've known that did see things that weren't there after taking a hallucinogen ended up being diagnosed with an illness such as schizophrenia and all spent time in a mental hospital. People with problems like schizophrenia have been known to see things that are not there.

Denver Doc could probably explain brain disorders that cause hallucinations.
Alvis27

Postby one-string » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Alvis27 wrote:i have always thought to myself ... etc, etc

This reply by Alvis27 is a cut-n-paste job from an April 2007 post by somebody called "Evo" on a message board at the http://www.physicsforums.com website. It addresses other posts within its thread on that message board; denverdoc is another poster there.

Here's a link to the full thread: http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/in ... 67133.html

Alvis27, are you a real person or a spambot?
one-string
Regular

Postby paulspaintpot » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 am

Hi One-string,

I'm intrigued by this spam bot possibility. Is the idea to build up 10 posts and then flood the board with URLs??

Spam bots are always run by someone who wants to make money, somehow...
Aviation and Marine Art: http://gallery.sunrisehall.com
paulspaintpot
Genius

Postby one-string » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:35 pm

paulspaintpot wrote:I'm intrigued by this spam bot possibility. Is the idea to build up 10 posts and then flood the board with URLs??

Hi Paul,

I don't know exactly what's going on here, but Alvis27's post contains a clear non sequitur - the reference to "Denver Doc" has no meaning in the context of this thread. This, in an otherwise on-topic post, is characteristic of an attempt by a spambot (e.g. XRumer) to disguise its activity. The user's other post is also suspect.

But unless they've been silently removed by the administrators I'd have expected there to be some links in a spambot's posts (and its signature) before reaching the 10-post threshold.

one-string
one-string
Regular

Postby paulspaintpot » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:08 am

A quick google on Denver Doc came up with an innocent looking page on general medical issues.....
Aviation and Marine Art: http://gallery.sunrisehall.com
paulspaintpot
Genius

Postby lizzbrady » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Hello, i have schizophrenia and suffer from hallucinations.
I am an art student and most of my work is regarding these issues.

some artists i look at is Bobby Baker, Van Gogh, Picasso...etc

one photographer i love whose work can be deemed hallucinatory is Duane Michels, he is amazing!!
Let me know what you think of him!!
lizzbrady
Regular

Return to I am an art student.